Residential Asbestos Survey
All samples are submitted to a NVLAP certified lab for analysis
Survey includes a full report acceptable to all jurisdictions in our service area.
Call for commercial quote.
Same Day Pricing Available
- Flooring, roofing, glazing, gaskets, adhesives, etc.
Homogeneous (same) surfacing material (texture) – popcorn, orange peel, knock down, skim coat, plaster, stucco, etc. Required by EPA (40 CFR 763.86)
- 1000 ft² or less of material being removed requires three (3) samples of each different surfacing material
- 1000 ft² – 5000 ft² of material being removed requires five (5) samples of each different surfacing material
Common Asbestos Containing Material
- Interior walls and ceilings: acoustical tiles, glue dots, plaster, and textured surfaces
- Exterior walls: cement siding, stucco
- Flooring: vinyl tiles, sheet vinyl, some mastic adhesives
- Insulation/fireproofing: block, boiler, spray-applied, vermiculite, monokote, sink undercoating, thermal system insulation (fiberglass, cellulose, and mineral wool are exempt)
- Gaskets: furnace mechanical, boiler, wood stove (automotive gaskets are exempt)
- Heating: white paper or seam tape on ducts, air-duct cement and insulation
- Roofing materials: tar paper, felt, silver/white roofing paint, Nicolite paper
- Fire doors, fire/kiln brick and fireproofing
- Various compounds: window glazing, adhesives, caulks, patching, mastics, vapor barrier products (plastic or synthetic materials such as Tyvek are exempt)
- Electrical: switch gear, circuit boxes and fuse panels; wiring with cloth insulation (Romex wiring is exempt)
We tried Envirotest when our normal guy was on vacation. They are so professional and reasonable; we never went back. I highly recommend them. Great folks!
The EnviroTest team has over 40 years of professional experience and we offer homeowners and contractors in the Portland and Vancouver areas reliable, and cost-effective asbestos and lead-based paint testing.
- Oregon CCB License Number 218776
- Commercial Specialty Contractor Level 2
- Residential Specialty Contractor
- Lead Based Paint Renovator
- Accredited AHERA Asbestos Building Inspector
Professional memberships include:
- Home Builders Association of Metropolitan Portland
- Professional Remodelers Organization
- Professional Women in Building
- National Association of the Remodeling Industry and NARI NW
Insurance coverages include:
- General Liability
- Errors and Omissions
- Pollution Insurance